November 05, 2005

CLA Conference

Sunday afternoon, I'll be at the California Library Association conference in Pasadena, giving a presentation on RSS. (If you read SD Librarian or any of our UCSD stuff--stop by and say 'hi'). Like my previous experience at a state library conference, I'm hoping for a good mix of academic, school and public librarians. Unlike my previous experience at GLA, where most of our cell phones didn't even work on Jekyll Island, I've been promised internet access. Which just means I've had to prepare 2 versions of my presentation: one that incorporates jumping from the PPT to the web for live demos, and another that has screencaps of all the websites--the backup in case the internet access doesn't happen.

What I won't have this time around are handouts, for several reasons.

  • I'm still making major tweaks to the presentation, even now. Having an overloaded fall quarter and still recovering from a week-long cold didn't help.
  • Saving paper, plus I never make the right number of copies. Either too many or not enough, usually the latter because of all the people who slip in before the presentation, grab handouts, and slip out.
I'll post it online when I return (probably the screencap version).

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

No comments: